Facebook is one of the most desired companies and places to work for in the world. This isn’t that odd, since interns at Facebook earn $25 000 a year.
Getting hired at Facebook, isn’t an easy task, and among other things candidates have to answer to hard and unusual questions.
We have complied a list of the then most important unusual questions you have to answer right in order to become an employee of Facebook.
1. There is a building with 100 floors. You have two identical eggs. How do you use 2 eggs to find the threshold floor, where the egg will definitely break from any floor above floor N, including floor N itself.
2. How much would you charge for washing of every window in Seattle?
3. How many vacuum cleaners are there in the US?
4. A Russian gangster kidnaps you. He puts two bullets in consecutive order in an empty six-round revolver, spins it, points it at your head and shoots. *click* You’re still alive. He then asks you, do you want me to spin it again and fire or pull the trigger again. For each option, what is the probability that you’ll be shot?
5. You are trying to rob houses on a street. Each house has some amount of cash. Your goal is to rob houses such that you maximize the total robbed amount. The constraint is once you rob a house you cannot rob a house adjacent to that house.
6. You’re about to get on a plane to Seattle. You want to know if you should bring an umbrella. You call 3 random friends of yours who live there and ask each independently if it’s raining. Each of your friends has a 2/3 chance of telling you the truth and a 1/3 chance of messing with you by lying. All 3 friends tell you that ‘Yes’ it is raining. What is the probability that it’s actually raining in Seattle?
7. If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
8. If you have 100 credit card numbers (and all info) how would you make as much money possible in 24 hours using only online transactions?
9. What options do you have, nefarious or otherwise, to stop people on a wireless network you are also on (but have no admin rights to) from hogging bandwidth by streaming videos?
10. What would you do on your first day at Facebook?